Welcome to Clan BxT! Please do not forget to subscribe to the group you belong to (whether it be DotA, Gaias Retaliation ORPG, or both!) Enjoy, have fun, and cheers mates!
Welcome to Clan BxT! Please do not forget to subscribe to the group you belong to (whether it be DotA, Gaias Retaliation ORPG, or both!) Enjoy, have fun, and cheers mates!
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in
Shoutbox

Username:
Password:
:: I forgot my password
Top posting users this week
No user
Latest topics
» Alive?
IMPORTANT: GROUP SUBSCRIPTION FAQ EmptyWed Jan 22, 2014 4:33 pm by Captain_soban

» Tournament
IMPORTANT: GROUP SUBSCRIPTION FAQ EmptyFri Oct 25, 2013 11:26 pm by Griffin

» Forum Feedback
IMPORTANT: GROUP SUBSCRIPTION FAQ EmptyTue Oct 22, 2013 10:31 pm by Griffin

» IMPORTANT: GROUP SUBSCRIPTION FAQ
IMPORTANT: GROUP SUBSCRIPTION FAQ EmptyFri Oct 11, 2013 7:18 pm by Griffin

» time available
IMPORTANT: GROUP SUBSCRIPTION FAQ EmptySun Sep 08, 2013 10:12 pm by Guest

» Ventrilo Information
IMPORTANT: GROUP SUBSCRIPTION FAQ EmptyTue Aug 27, 2013 2:01 am by Tipsy

» Forum Changes
IMPORTANT: GROUP SUBSCRIPTION FAQ EmptyMon Aug 26, 2013 6:27 pm by Guest

» BxT Members
IMPORTANT: GROUP SUBSCRIPTION FAQ EmptyTue Aug 13, 2013 7:57 pm by Archer_Of_Chaos

» Rules/Uses
IMPORTANT: GROUP SUBSCRIPTION FAQ EmptyTue Aug 13, 2013 7:55 pm by Archer_Of_Chaos

IMPORTANT: GROUP SUBSCRIPTION FAQ

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Griffin
Administrator
Administrator
Griffin

Male Leo Monkey

IMPORTANT: GROUP SUBSCRIPTION FAQ Empty
PostSubject: IMPORTANT: GROUP SUBSCRIPTION FAQ   IMPORTANT: GROUP SUBSCRIPTION FAQ EmptyFri Oct 11, 2013 6:16 am

INSTRUCTIONS
For already pre-existing members, or those who have somehow been able to ignore and totally forget my messages, PLEASE go to the "Groups" tab in the navigation bar and subscribe to the group you want. You can choose DotA, Gaias ORPG, or BOTH if you play both of these games.

WHAT DOES THIS DO JACK?!
When I check the groups tab, and I promise I will try to check it every night, I will automatically let you into the group. There are no rules, no tests, nothing, I simply check your name, and approve it. When you are in this group, you will be able to see the forums associated with your group.

EXAMPLE:
If you asked to join the DotA group, and I let you in, you should now be able to see and participate in the DotA forums, but NOT the Gaias ORPG forums.

If you asked to join the Gaias ORPG group, and I let you in, you should now be able to see and participate in the Gaias forums, but NOT the dota forums.

If you ask to join both, then you'll be able to see both!

The ONLY difference between the Gaias ORPG and the Dota forums is that members in the Gaias ORPG will be able to create an event and post it on the calendar. This is simply to organize a day where players can gather at a specific time to either do dungeon runs or start completely new characters!

NEW MEMBERS
I went through great pain to make sure you are thoroughly reminded and KNOW you aught to subscribe to the groups. If you don't, don't complain to the administrators later that you can only see 3 forums! (I think it's 3...maybe 5)

EXISTING MEMBERS
As I am relatively new to this BxT, I only know a select few of the old members from way back when. Therefore, I do not know what everybody plays and do not want to risk adding you into random groups because I assume that's what you play! You too must choose which group you want to be in!

What if I don't play that game but am interested in it?
Then subscribe and I'll let you join mate :PAll of this isn't rocket science and is very VERY easy to accomplish!

ADVANCED
If you are an active forum whore and are looking to have a specific thread stickied or announcement-ated (I dunno, new word now), look for the pretty blood red Moderators. PM them and they will be able to edit your post to sticky it or announce-ate it.

I added a function where you aught to be able to save your work when you are done (this will be very useful for those who like to write guides) or if you unexpectedly took longer to post than usual and the forums logged you out (I can't change this function or at least I haven't been able to find it)

This is all I can think of and it should be all of it anyways. Hope this helped you out, NOW GO SUBSCRIBE!

Cheers mates!
Back to top Go down
Archer_Of_Chaos
Administrator
Administrator

PostSubject: Re: IMPORTANT: GROUP SUBSCRIPTION FAQ   IMPORTANT: GROUP SUBSCRIPTION FAQ EmptyFri Oct 11, 2013 6:22 am

I think its better if you just have it so people can see both games no reason for them to be separated and needing approval to see them.
Back to top Go down
Volume
Newb
Newb
Volume

Male Virgo Cat

PostSubject: Re: IMPORTANT: GROUP SUBSCRIPTION FAQ   IMPORTANT: GROUP SUBSCRIPTION FAQ EmptyFri Oct 11, 2013 5:02 pm

idk i think its a neat idea, y c stuff i dont want 2 or need 2 see? less clutter, more control over wat i want and i can get str8 2 the point that way instead of scrolling around going where da fuq am i supposed 2 go? and i wont have my latest topics cluttered w/ topics from the other section either.

once we get more ppl pumpin in here n we go dota guide whores-r-us on it'll also b useful 4 dota only players that want 2 open up these forums n check the guide out quickly

approve me alrdy 4 dota pl0x jack

+rep (add that next, w/ beer as the + LOL)
Back to top Go down
Griffin
Administrator
Administrator
Griffin

Male Leo Monkey

PostSubject: Re: IMPORTANT: GROUP SUBSCRIPTION FAQ   IMPORTANT: GROUP SUBSCRIPTION FAQ EmptyFri Oct 11, 2013 7:18 pm

aye sorry I should have explained where I was hoping to go with this feature, but it is primarily geared towards the future and it's much easier and better to start now to get members familiar with all of this. This is however, I'll admit, a trial-and-error idea that I came up with on a whim. Vincent had already touched on the main point

Benefits:
1. User has less clutter to deal with, more freedom and more control

2. Members in the group will have the option of PM mailing all members in that group (will be very handy when it comes to organization in Gaias, anyway, and hopefully it will be useful for Dota players as well)

3. Colorized usernames Razz

4. Members will be aware who does or doesn't play a specific part of game and will know who to go to in order to check who they can or want to play with

5. I had more ideas in my head about all this earlier but they've totally slipped away haha sorry mates. All-in-all this is simply a trial-and-error function for now and I'm looking forward to any (constructive) feedback as to what I can do to improve this feature or work on, etc etc.

Regarding the reputation idea by Vincent earlier: I'll see what I can think of for that but no guarantees
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: IMPORTANT: GROUP SUBSCRIPTION FAQ   IMPORTANT: GROUP SUBSCRIPTION FAQ Empty

Back to top Go down

IMPORTANT: GROUP SUBSCRIPTION FAQ

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
 :: Clan :: Information-